Thursday 15 November 2018

00Z - LICENCE TO SLEEP


I've always been a bit dozy and at school and work I was known as 'Mr Sleepy'



See HERE


Now, following the stroke I had a couple of weeks ago I'm feeling sleepy in the afternoons.

The good news is that this is expected


Fatigue after stroke.
 "Everyone feels tired sometimes. This is a normal part of life and it happens for all sorts of reasons such as not sleeping well or being very busy all day. Usually people feel much better after resting or sleeping. Fatigue after stroke is different; you may feel constantly weary, tired and lacking energy or strength. These feelings and symptoms are present even after a rest or sleep. The cause of fatigue after stroke is not clear even though it affects about 50% of people living with stroke. It may be a combination of damage to the brain and the stress and effort associated with adjusting to a new life situation. After stroke almost all activities including walking and talking require extra energy and attention. Brain function may be less ‘efficient’ than before."                       
 - Stroke Foundation of New Zealand 
Basically I have a 'licence' to have a little nap from time to time without feeling any guilt about it.

Now I'm not recommending having a stroke as you might not be as fortunate as I've been so far but it is kind of nice to be allowed to have a doze from time to time.
I've done housework this morning and this afternoon mowed the lawns so am looking forward to a few zzzz s now.

Oidhche mhath!

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Zzzz in peace.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think Robert is talking about Z Cars - that very old tv programme.