Monday 26 November 2018

NOT EXACTLY WORTHY OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC



There was a pod of orca in our bay on saturday but I didn't see them unfortunately otherwise I'd have taken the kayak out.

***************

When I was in Auckland last week I bought a compact flash card converter that enabled me to download photographs from the memory card from Canon G5 camera that got ruined a few years ago. See:    EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY


They weren't the great shots I was hoping for with the mother dolphin and her pup seeming to dive underwater everytime I steadied myself on the kayak to take a snap. This is the best I captured showing their fins:





It was just after this that she came up beside my kayak, slapped her tail on the water and drenched me and my camera.

3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Science would say it was a random event.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Science would be correct.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That was short and to the point.