Tuesday 13 November 2018

GETTING OLD AND GOING DOOLALLY




I booked return flights to Auckland to see Tony, choosing to fly down Friday and return Sunday. That was the plan and I negotiated the Air NZ website well, finding some cheap flights ($106.00 return) down on Friday afternoon and back Sunday morning.

All set?


No!


I received a reminder email from Air New Zealand this morning confirming my flights.
Friday - Auckland to Whangarei.
Sunday - Whangarei to Auckland.

WTF! That's the wrong way around. I want to go to Auckland on Friday and from Auckland on Sunday.

I phoned Air NZ and told them that I'd stuffed up. They kindly selected the right fights for me with the right departure points and destinations and then announced that it would cost an extra $271.

$271 extra!
The initial flights were only $106.

I hadn't paid extra for cancellation insurance.

This is like when I stuffed up the train bookings when in the UK a couple of years ago:



They should make provision for silly old duffers who choose to book online and then stuff things up.




I can't afford the extra $271 so have booked on the Saturday morning bus and coming back Sunday (hopefully I have that the right way round). This costs $60. If Tony is up to visits Alison will let me know) I'll be able to visit him on Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I feel for you. Bring back across counter real life interactions and and posted accounts I say!