Friday, 31 July 2026

RICHARD'S BASS BRAG THE ORIGINAL BASS BRAGGING SITE

 


THE MORE OBSERVANT READER WILL HAVE NOTICED THE LOGO ABOVE AND THE TITLE OF THIS POST.

Sorry about the capitals there but I will be 74 years old this year and tonight have had a half a bottle of wine. Good wine with a label on it.

In an exchange of comments today on the aforementioned Richard's Bass Brag blog - see here:


THE CURMUDGEON
Tutti Frutti to you too.
Hey! I can write some posts for you if you like.
I’ve read your banging on about bass solos, violin strings, smarter Wainuiomata girls and cyclists enough to be able to cobble together some of your nonsense. 
Just ask. No problem, I’ll put one of ‘the guys’ on the case.
30 luglio 2026 alle ore 17:44
Richard (of RBB)
Jesus Christ!
Actually, that name does have its uses. 
Okay, Mr. McDonald Trump. Write something about the minor 7b5 to dominant 7b9 progression.

PLEASE no AI!
30 luglio 2026 alle ore 17:54

... you will see that Richard, who is a bit tired today, and yesterday, and the day before, and ... you get the picture, accepted my offer. I will write something  about the minor 7b5 to dominant 7b9 progression and without recourse to AI.

Here goes:

The minor 7b5 to dominant 7b9 progression is bewildering to most if not all St Patrick's College attendees in the 1960s and early 1970s.

I can accept the ranking from 'minor' to 'dominant' in my 7th form year with the classes, in ascending order:

6P2
6A
6P1
7A
7P

Confused? Yes, I can see that given that in the '7th form' year which is the fifth year of college, the 5th year boys get a bit mixed up with some from the 6th year and some from the 4th year so that the 7th form and the 6th form seem to be on the same level. 
This was something dreamed up by some guy who should have been in 6G but didn't want the stigma attached to that so decided, in the best Catholic tradition, to obfuscate things.
Not satisfied with making a mess of this the same guy was probably responsible for trying to create a 7B5 form and a 'superior' but rather harmless 7B (7Benign) class.
Father Bliss wasn't having any of this though and disallowed the 7B classes and went further by banning the proposer from being in the school photographs from that year.

"Sic meruit".


"We soon sorted that rascal out
"


No comments: