Tuesday, 18 August 2026

HOME AGAIN


 It's nice to be home and I wonder why we often go away.

What's the point of paying a lot of money to fly on a plane for hours in cramped conditions and then spend a fortune staying in different hotels that, while well-appointed don't have the creature comforts of home?

I now, I know, The Old Girl likes to travel and that's why she does it and I go along sometimes.

Saying that though I did enjoy our trip having had the chance to see parts of Australia that were new to me. The Ghan train trip was excellent and we had some adventures on the way.

Robert might be thinking the same thing as he posted a comment on my previous post:


Maybe he just got his credit card bills from his trip to The Phillipines.

I'm not looking forward to receiving ours.

9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, Robert's blog has gone travelling again.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes and with it went the best comment I've written.

Richard (of RBB) said...

His blog should be called 'Goodbye Robert' or 'Piss Off Robert'.

Anonymous said...

Maybe ‘ Pissed off by Robert’.

Rob said...

Hang on I'll wriigle my nose and it will be back.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Wriigle?
La mamma degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Rob said...

Our mother wasn't always pregnant. Just five boys.

Rob said...

I didn't have to use my credit card!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Tra il dire e il fare c'è di mezzo il mare.