... Or, as those wi* from the "Nui would put it: 🚀 *.
Miscellaneous #1
New World supermarket.
Last week as I was buying groceries a pushy woman (PW) customer at the checkout behind loaded all of her shit close to my good stuff on the conveyor belt. There was no divider to put down. As I was watching the cashier scan items I saw that at the end of my stuff she had scanned the first of PW's stuff - a $9.95 charge for McCain's frozen pizza slices. Shit in fact. I make my own pizzas. I alerted the cashier and she put the item back amongst PW's crap and I assumed cancelled the entry.
Yesterday when I found the till receipt in my jacket pocket I checked it and there was a $9.95 charge for pizza slices. I went on-line to request a refund but found the website process difficult and when I did manage to find a portal there wasn't enough allowance for characters for me to explain the reason for the refund request.
I then found a phone number to ring and after a long wait explained to the person at the other end what I wanted only to discover that he dealt with on-line purchase problems only.
I found another link to complaints and re-entered everything that I said initially on the website form and sent the request away. To where I don't know. It might as well have been to Mars as I received no acknowledgement of acceptance and today no follow-up email. Bummer.
Today I decided to go to the store in person (which I didn't do yesterday as my foot was sore.) Today I had to go out anyway to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy which isn't far from the supermarket. I was prepared for an argument only to discover that the guy manning the customer service booth was very helpful and immediately processed the credit to my bank card. He also told me that as the error was a scanning error on their part the policy is the credit double the amount so I received a $19.90 credit! Remember - it pays to keep take your receipt when they ask and keep it for a few days just in case.
Miscellaneous #2
The doctors.
Last week I requested a repeat of my medicines and, after a few days received a notice that the 4 items were approved and that they were available from the pharmacy. Last Friday I went to the pharmacy only to discover that 2 of the 4 items were dispensed. When I queried it they said I had to order again via the doctors. I went on-line again to the doctors via Manage My Health and requested again the missing items. On Monday of this week I received a reply from the doctors saying that the request was rejected as the initial request had been processed.
Yesterday I marched limped to the pharmacy with the copies of the initial prescription request (4 items) that were marked as approved, the prescription receipt from the pharmacy (2 items) and the rather snippy response to my second request from the doctor saying that the request was rejected AS IT HAD BEEN PROCESSED DAYS EARLIER! I spent a half an hour with the pharmacist and his assistants trying to get a resolution with no success. They said that they only received an order for 2 items and the doctors maintained that they had sent an order for 4.
I went next to the doctors surgery which fortunately is next door to the pharmacy. I then spent another 10 minutes explaining the situation and then had to wait to see a 'clinical' nurse. I explained it all to her and she looked up the details on the computer. This showed my initial request and the doctor's approval of 4 items and the order of 4 items to the pharmacy. It was then that the nurse said that they have been having problems with the computer system and glitches were occuring. She promised to request the prescription again, urgently from the doctor who was at that moment busy with a patient. "I'm more than a patient" I thought "I'm impatient" but thanked her and made my way home.
Today I received an alert from the doctors surgery and the pharmacy conforming the availability of the 2 items which I collected before going to the supermarket.
The result was positive but the downside in this in time and stress is unacceptable. It's just as well that I'm so easy-going.
* Half 'wits'
.jpeg)
2 comments:
Glad it all came right in the end. Eschatology!
That's cheery or, as Richard would say:
NOT
Post a Comment