Thursday, 10 September 2026

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE *

 * Not that trite platitude that Americans have been using for the last 10 years relating to US servicemen and which, unbelievably is being used in New Zealand by fools who do everything by rote even platitudes. It's up there with "Have a nice day" and "Missing you already". Robert's silly Catholic "I love you" is just as bad.

Now Richard will probably accuse me of being an old moaner and wanting to pick fights with everyone like Mike at the tennis club, inconsiderate drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, telecom industry personnel, bank employees, tradesmen, supermarket cashiers, other supermarket shoppers, people who use their phones at the cinema and many others including bus drivers who I mentioned in this recent post here: NO THANKS

Talking of bus drivers, this morning, as it was raining and because my foot is still sore I decided to take a bus to Willis Street. I walked down to Thorndon Quay, crossed the road to the bus stop and luckily saw a bus coming along. I and a woman at the bus stop waved at the driver to signal that we wanted him to stop but he just sailed past without making any effort to pull into the official stop. It was in service, displayed a number 3 destination and had passenger onboard. Bastard!

I'll be thinking twice about thanking the bus drivers as I exit the buses in future.

Sheesh!





3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thank you for your post.*

* Now, with the next post, you just need to work on making it interesting.

Rob said...

I wonder how a wave that includes information about stopping differs from a normal wave.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It’s all to do with how many fingers are used.
No doubt when people wave to you they use only two fingers or sometimes just one.