Sunday 6 February 2011

WAITANGI


I drove up to Waitangi for the day yesterday. It was a glorious day with very little traffic on the roads (media boycott maybe) and I had a nice drive and pleasant afternoon there. I went up to watch my sister's 'band' playing. Their name is Sula and they have played at the Waitangi weekend celebrations for the last 6 years. They are a family group being my sister (guitar), brother-in-law (flute), two nieces (harps) and third niece (roadie and guitar). This year only one niece was there and a ring-in (the harp teacher). They play celtic folk music and do it very well. The venue is the covered stage in the old treaty house grounds which look out to sea. It is a beautiful setting in bush and  tall native trees. It was magic.

3 comments:

Bunny Hoskins said...

Can they do Motorhead numbers?

Anonymous said...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww`1

Asia wrote this when she jumped on my knee.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You shouldn't have confessed to that. Its the best comment you've made - and the spelling is good.