Tuesday 4 November 2014

DUMB AND DUMBER



I watch Millionaire Hot Seat on TV One while preparing dinner most nights.

What flabbergasts me is how stupid most of the Australian contestants are.


They get the most basic questions wrong and, when they answer correctly questions like "how many grammes are there in 100 kilogrammes?" the audience respond as if they just solved Fermat's last theorem.

While I was musing this I realised that it'd be no different if the show was recorded here with New Zild contestants and audience.



I blame the teachers.


5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I agree. Not sure with what but I agree.

THE WINE GUY said...

Yes, well, being a Christian means you go along with any old claptrap that you hear.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Blame the teaches if you like, I really don't give a shit.
It's a bit like blaming the cleaners at NLHS because our school is always a mess.

This is what I think, just for the record:
Technology has given us amazing things, produced by the few for the many. The many have high expectations of being entertained, and quickly, and teachers are under pressure to make things fun and easy. The idea of working on something is a hard sell. The few are doing great things but the many are getting fucking stupid - or, at best, they're not carrying their weight. At our school we try to fix low pass rates by removing deadlines. It doesn't take a genius to work out what lesson is really being taught here. Also high pass rates are good for people's CVs. Our students do not use bins because the cleaners are paid to clean the school. Work out where that thinking is going to take us!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ouch!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Why ouch?