Sunday 30 November 2014

SUCH FUN

I went to Farmers' Santa Parade today.

It really lived up to its reputation and was a pleasant flash-back to earlier times.


I'm pleased that these things still go on especially as Auckland nearly didn't have the big Santa outside Whitcoulls this year as it costs so much to install. Luckily some benefactor came to the rescue.
This is the same Santa that nearly got scrapped a few years ago because some bleeding-heart-fucking overly PC liberals thought that it was a bit too scary for kids. Tossers.


The parade lasted over an hour with dozens and dozens of floats and marchers. I took 180 photographs and will post a few here.

It took me back to Wellington days when I was a kid and used to go to the James Smith Father Christmas parade (not Santa in those days). The only thing missing was the free ice-blocks and lollies that used to be thrown off the floats.

Why are these missing you may ask as the parade is a vehicle for a lot of businesses to advertise themselves under the guise of civic-mindedness?
Well its because the bleeding-heart-fucking overly PC liberals decided that it was too dangerous to throw lollies (wrapped Macintosh toffees) to kids as it might put someones eye out. Tossers.

















Such fun


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bands used to march. Are all the brass guys getting too old?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm talking about the last video. I'll do a check up when I'm in the big Auck in Jan 2015. Please make sure that Chardonnay is on tap.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Bring back the brass band, I say!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The only marching bands were Scottish (probably didn't want to pay the bus fare)
The brass band on the bus were Samoan ot Tongan. I think they were too fat to walk.
There were some interesting Chinese and Indian groups on foot playing drums.
Auckland is a great city with all the different ehnic groups.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes give us a multi cultural society, I say!