Monday 31 May 2010

ANOTHER DAY OLDER AND......


Seemingly a great deal less fit.
Monday morning and the alarm went off at six - not for me but for the Old Girl who is off to the big smoke this week. I got up just after seven. To be honest it makes no difference to me whether it is Sunday or Monday. It is a grey day today but amazingly still with the harbour like glass. This is all the more pronounced after a couple of weeks of stormy weather. I went for my morning walk along the bay and watched fish jumping. The grey sky and mist merged nicely with the still grey water - magical. On my Mount Aubrey climb I felt stuffed halfway up so only went that far and came back down. Strange that because on Saturday I had no problem going to the top and back. I feel a bit recovered now after a cup of tea so I'm going to take advantage of the windless conditions and go and play a few holes of golf.

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You take care of yourself, old friend.

Anonymous said...

Great post.
Bin Hire

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bin,
You don't have to say that every time someone posts something.

Anonymous said...

Well, I just liked the post. What's wrong with that?
Bin Hire

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Golf was good -played 9 holes in the morning. Did some charity work in the afternoon. When are you coming up here to visit Richard?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I was just talking to a neighbour and mentioned the fish jumping. She said it would be due to the Orca that is frequenting the harbour. If I'd known I would have taken the kayak out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, imagine kayaking next to an Orca. Though they have got big teeth!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Rules No 1 of the sane - stay away from big fish, unless you're in a fish shop.