Thursday 6 May 2010

HEART STOPPING


Not literally hopefully. I mean the views to be had from the top. Over the last week I have added to my morning walk a climb up Mount Aubrey which is behind where I live. Once the red mist clears from the eyes you can see right across the harbour and beyond eastwards to Dargaville, out west past Ocean Beach, north past Mcleod Bay or south down the Ruakaka coast. A great way to start the morning and a good way of getting fit which I must do before Richard (of RBB) comes to visit given that he must be as fit as a rooster with all the walking he has been doing recently.

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

As fit as a rooster? Personally, I prefer to say 'as fit as a cock'.

Anonymous said...

"Over the last week I have added to my morning walk a climb up Mount Aubrey which is behind where I live"

That rock face looks quite steep. I hope you know Richard is afraid of heights.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I thought he was afraid of cows.

Anonymous said...

lol...hope you've got plenty of toilet paper too.


Tom

Jesus Today said...

I didn't write that comment. I never use "lol".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes it is steep Robert but there are steps and paths (nearly 500 steps) to just below the steep rock bits. Its kind of like delivering cases of beer in Island Bay!

Anonymous said...

500 steps? Then you get to a rocky bit. Are we talking helmets, carabiners, harnesses and belay devices?
Should get the adrenilin running.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert, over the other side it is steeper going down and there are no steps as such just tree root 'steps'. It has more native bush though and is quite beautiful. The track ends at Little Munro Bay which is a really nice little beach with deepish water. If you carry your kayak up and over you can end with a refreshing swim and a nice paddle.