Friday 25 March 2011

ONCE A BOY RACER...


I got the Rover's driver's window repaired today. There have been a few small repairs necessary recently and I was wondering if I might have to face upgrading the car as it is 13 years old. Then I came to the right hand McLeod Bay turn-off with the arsehole who had been tailgating me right behind me. The Rover, like all turbos has 'turbo-lag'. This meant that as I started up the hill in first gear the car was going at normal first gear speed. Mr Pushy behind was right on my bumper. When I engaged second gear the turbo power kicked in and easily pulled away. Third gear at 80kph took the car effortlessly to 100. Pushy was a long, long way back. The road is tricky and windy and I could see in the mirror that he was driving frantically (cutting corners etc) to try and catch up. He couldn't. At McLeod Bay's 50 kph zone which due to road works is down to 30 kph I kept to the new speed zone which meant that at the end of the bay he had caught up, racing through the roadworks. No doubt he thought that he was clever. It didn't worry me as my turn-off is at the end of the bay so I just quietly turned into my street, remembering why I like my car.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What a wanker! (Him, not you.)

Richard (of RBB) said...

If he'd realised that you sometimes wear a skirt, maybe he would have more considerate.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I try to drive even slower when I'm being followed by an agressive boy racer, but speed up at possible overtaking areas. I just hope that one day one of the bastards tries it. I drive a 2½ ton Isuzu Bighorn, and I'll happily swipe his little plastic Imprezza all over the hill. Anyway I've got a dent in the back bumper and I want another rear-ender so I can make the insurance claim.