Thursday 10 May 2012

SOME PET HATES ......

......by no means all but these are a few recent ones.

Professional activists who jump on any bandwagon

We just knew that Sue Bradford would pop up when the government proposed  free contraception for women on the benefit. Out she comes and out she comes with irrational rubbish like eugenics and population control (pity that that couldn't be back-dated in her case).

Tuhoe wanting an apology from the police and government

On the face of it I don't have a problem if it is shown that either cocked up but a withdrawal based on the waste of money involved in on-going court proceedings is not necessarily an admission of wrong doing. Further, it pisses me off that the Tuhoe leaders won't admit that the mongrels that were on their land were involved in wrong doing. Shame on them.

ANZ Bank having unannounced  firework display on the Auckland waterfront.

Which marketing dick thought this one up? They must have an awful lot of (our) money to do this.

Cars running red lights

It is just getting worse and now it is patently unsafe to move off on a green because some idiost want to save a couple of minutes by barrelling through a red.

Supermarket check-out operators asking if you want a receipt

Of course I want a bloody receipt. Firstly to make sure that everything is correct and secondly because often something needs replacing like the out of condition fruit and veg. Has some wannabe marketer decided that there is a big saving on paper by not giving a receipt or, as I suspect, they know that you cannot successfully complain about something without a receipt as proof of purchase

Radio and TV interviewers cutting off someone early

Just when debates are getting interesting invariably the interviewer says sorry but ....

(that's all we have time for. - Ed)

4 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Nice to see that you can still get grumpy. I thought it was only me left who compained.

I refer to my previous comment on your previous post.

Get bigger guns.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah, running red lights is a piss off. I wonder if Shri will comment, or is he too busy putting his spot on?

Tracey said...

Yes! When did that receipt nonsense start? I was going to do a ponderings on that very topic. Of course I want my bloody receipt! One has to keep a close eye as the products scan, too - I often pick up a price that is different from the one displayed with the product. Off scuttles an employee to check - "Sorry Ma'am" but they have no ability to change the coding for the next poor, less vigilant, sucker!

Valley Girl said...

Yes they do the same in Oz with receipts. I reckon it is an attempt by business ti save on their output of till tape, to save them money but to make the consumer feel guilty about their carbon footprint!

Demand your eceipts guys and gqals and keep them unitl you no longer need them. I shred all mine, as I am paranoid about Identity theft.