Saturday 26 May 2012

SATURDAY WORK OUT

It is a cool but clear late Autumn day here and as there is no wind and the harbour unruffled I went kayaking.
As I've been a bit lazy of recent times I went for a good work-out going across the bay and around the island. On the way back I stopped at the island (named after one of my forebears) and sat at its summit (it is a small low island) and looked around the area. From this central point I was ringed by the bays and hills that make up Whangarei Heads (or at least this part of it). The mountains with the strange rock formations (Manaia, Albury and others) stood out against the clear sky.

McLeod Bay. Photo from Breakaway Retreat's website

I didn't see the dolphins today. The above photo is where I was kayaking. Our house is at the extreme right.

The water was clean and clear and I was looking for the black stingray as when they are prevalent there is a good chance that dolphin and orca will come into the bay to chase them. I only saw a few fish.

I feel energised after the paddle
 and feel that I deserve a nice wine or two this evening to go with the pies the Old Girl is making for us.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The thing I enjoyed most about this post wa zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Lovely images, lucky you for living up there.

And a pie!

Life doesn't get much better.