Tuesday 8 May 2012

OOPS!

I  f***ed up. I forecast that we would make over a million dollars profit but instead we lost 1.8 million. Sorry.

Actually I just made that up. I could never get anything that wrong. Can anyone?

Well, yes as a matter fact. Bill English and John Key to name a couple of financial 'geniuses'.




They forecast that giving the rich a massive tax cut (and the poor a little one for good measure) and at the same time increasing GST would boost the nation's coffers.

Unfortunately for them and us this didn't happen. At the end of the fiscal year the shortfall in tax revenue was 1.8 billion dollars. That was 1.8 billion!

So where is it?

It certainly isn't in the pockets, bank accounts and investments of anyone who earns less than 50k a year.
Maybe it is in the real estate, car upgrades, holiday snapshots and i-pads of the top earners.

2 comments:

Robert and the Catholics said...

Do you notice how his eyes are always half closed like that killer look SAS have. Did you see that clip on the news of him standing next to a minister making a speach about something about social welfare and the camera panned down to his hands fidgetting behind his back? "Why am I here talking to these silly people I've got to check my bank balance!"

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Anybody can make a simple mistake.

Just like all the Kiwis who voted national.