Friday 20 May 2016

DEAR DIARY

As I haven't posted for a week I thought it would be best to explain what I've been doing.

Working

As I had some good news this week re a breakthrough in UK and Australia with some wine listings I've been busy chasing up the orders, arranging wines to be bottled and labelled and organising shipments. Whew! Or at lease whew for someone who only works part-time.

Gardening

I decided to trim a couple of branches off the trees at the back of the property. A couple of branches resulted in almost totally stripping the feijoa and other trees at the fence-line, giving them an ugly scalping. Three trailer loads to the recycle centre were required. I hope they grow back in an orderly fashion

Note to self: "That creeper needs sorting"

Housework

I moved the TV out of the lounge and put it down the back of the house in our second lounge as we hardly ever watch it.
This meant moving around the furniture so it's now much better not being dominated by the goggle box.



Swimming

Yes, swimming and kayaking even though officially winter is only a week away. Today, like the last few weeks is sunny and lovely. We haven't had an Autumn. I think we will go straight from Spring to Winter as I note that the last couple of evenings have been cooler.


Painting

I've been helping a neighbour paint his house. I hope he's either partially blind or not too fussy as I'm not the best painter.




Important notice!

No Italian language was mangled in the making of this post.

3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Nice mountain feature in the rear garden.
I like to turn of the big TV after Sue goes to bed!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good news about the wine.
Well done.

Do you use the steps in the garden and if 'yes' what for? They don't seem to go anywhere.

Re the furniture: we really need a before and after picture.

Are you and your neighbour painting a picture of the house? You don't make that clear.

Dice 'no' all'italiano? Perché?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The steps lead to the mountain feature!(There should be water cascading down to a fish pond).
Before nice; after Richard visits port stains.
Obviously painting a picture.