Tuesday 31 May 2016

WIMPED OUT

I thought that I'd tough it out until late July before lighting the fire but today was just so bloody cold that I folded. I lit the wood burner in the lounge to cheer the place up. It was OK during the late afternoon with the sun coming in via the kitchen area but as it got darker the cat started complaining (true) and so I loaded up the wood bins and got it going.



I must admit that it makes a real difference.

I read Richards latest post on his blog. He sounds a bit cold and miserable today and has taken to the ideal remedy - wine.
He calls it vino (spelling's not his strong point). I was rude and called the stuff he drinks 'plonk' when I posted a comment. I know that it sounds a bit elitist to say this. At least Richard drinks wine, usually chardonnay and not that concocted shit that Robert drinks from the bottom shelf in Pak n Save. What I do, and they should, is buy my wine from reputable on-line suppliers like 'blackmarket' where I seek out wines, usually chardonnay and pinot noir, that are half the normal retail price. I probably don't spend much more than Richard (but three times what Robert spends) spends on a bottle but am sure that the quality is a lot better.

I wasn't going to drink any wine tonight as I've had wine every night for the last four but, after reading Richard's post and lighting up the fire the situation sort of demanded it so I'm enjoying a pre-dinner chardonnay.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Hitting the expensive plonk!" as my mother used to say. Well, she said something like that.