Monday 23 May 2016

"THEY SEEK HIM HERE, THEY SEEK HIM THERE ..."

A spin off from the temperature drop over the last couple of days is that shorts and a t-shirt are no longer appropriate when going out of doors.
I've got away with this for ages, even in York as I usually rode my bike when out and about but today it was a tad nippy here in 'the winterless north'.

I had to go into the shed and unpack some suitcases and boxes to find jeans and other long trou. The problem was though is that I've lost some weight over the last year or so and my favourite jeans, chinos, mole skins and underpants are all a bit loose. Not a good look.

I contacted the Old Girl and asked her to alert me to the next Smith and Caughey sale (like Ballantyne's in Christchurch and Kirkaldie and Staines's in Wellington (but hasn't 'kirk's' disappeared like DIC and James Smith's?).

Smith and Caughey in Auckland still have, I hope, a decent winter sale so I'm off to Auckland this week and will do a big shop for underpants, t shirts, a jumper or two and ..... some nice fitting jeans.


No comments: