Tuesday 24 May 2016

WHERE DOES IT GO?

As it's a miserable day here I thought I'd sort out a few bills and work out my tax liability.
Well, what a gloomy exercise that was.
It's not until you put on a spreadsheet what's coming in versus what's going out that you realise that all those little things add up to be as big as the big things you sort of knew about.


I have a hefty tax bill to pay. I'm self employed so not on PAYE so the slippage is going to be a bit worse over the next few months.


So, like Mr McCawber I've got to find a way of getting expenditure to just come in below income.

Either that or we accelerate the plan to downsize.


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'd better leave a comment.
At least there's no waiting in line when you want to comment here.
I used to always dread doing tax returns, until I found an accountant. Good news is that I don't have to these days; and that leaves more time for writig things in Italian on peoples blogs.
Sono sempre im mezzo come il prezzemolo. Ha ha!

Robert ka kite i nga mea i te rangi said...

I use parsley as a garnish on the side of the plate!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, thanks for the input Second. I'm not as hung up as Richard is on the number of comments on my posts so maybe you could direct your obviously worthy albeit incomprehensible comments to his blog.