Monday 26 March 2018

BACK TO BEING A LAZY BASTARD*


* As Robert views retirees and the unemployed.





I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago and had an interview. I didn't hold out much hope of getting it - what with being an old bastard and all but we needed to service a hefty mortgage on the Auckland apartment.

On the weekend we sold the apartment for the nett amount we wanted and can now clear the mortgage with enough cash left over to buy another, smaller 1 bedroom one and a car and trailer.
As this then takes the financial pressure off I was hoping that I wouldn't be offered the job I interviewed for. Today I received notice that I didn't get the job which I was thankful for.

With another, more robust car with a towbar and a cage trailer I'll be able to get stuck into the garden and clear a load of rubbish. I'll also be able to get involved again in community projects (unpaid) that are worthwhile.

This means also that I can continue to play tennis on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a bit more golf. On Wednesday mornings there is a golf 'haggle' named the LOBs. Some people say that LOBs stands for lovely old blokes but a lot of others say it stands for Lazy Old Bastards.






I could realise an ambition to start up a small business in the community - looking after people's properties as there are a lot of absentee owners of baches and holiday homes up here but as The Old Girl says " you can hardly look after your own property matey".





3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I do not think you are lazy.
But I'm always amazed at how many people are prepared to pay an over sixty year old like me to work IF I do a good job and thus I build a reputation that is passed on to relatives hence more work.
Age doesn't matter.
It's all about quality.
The young ones especially I've found just don't understand this.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And it's not going to get any better.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you two talking.