Tuesday 23 October 2018

MAGIC MOMENT

Yesterday evening I sat out on the deck at sunset and enjoyed a glass or two of wine as I was waiting for my pizza to cook.

I set the iPad to Bluetooth and connected to the Bluetooth speaker that The Old Girl brought up with her a couple of weeks ago. This is a great little device and now enables me to find favourite pieces of music on YouTube and listen to it in high quality sound.

YouTube has a 'mix' choice where when you select an artist or genre you can suffix with 'mix' and get a selection that runs on one after the other. I chose Maria Callas and had her beautiful voice souring out from the kitchen to the deck with lovely arias from Norma, La Traviata. La Wally, Madame Butterfly etc.

As I was sitting quietly at the deck table I noticed some little birds getting closer. Normally they've gone to bed at this time and then when Callas sang "ebben? ne andrĂ² lontana" from La Wally -


 - a blackbird flew up onto the deck rail and sat there listening. It turned its head inquisitively during the song and flew away again when it was finished.





Magic.





The Tui that had been in the garden earlier in the afternoon didn't show up. This didn't surprise me as Tuis are so vain they don't accept that anything or anyone else can sing as well as them.




1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.