Wednesday 3 October 2018

WEIRDNESS IN THE BIG SMOKE

I was in Auckland on the weekend after having been further south in Wellington moving my sister from one house to another.

We went to the Auckland Museum to see the suffrage exhibition - Are We There Yet? or, as I said to The Old Girl - the Uppity Women exhibition. This rewarded me with a severe thump which kind of underscores my comment.



This is put together really well and is well worth seeing if you get the chance. If not there is a similar exhibition I believe at Vogel House in the Hutt.



****************

On the way to the museum as we walked through The Domain we came across these nutters having a bit of a ding dong:







Click on these and enlarge to see what's going on.

Robert will love this as he's the type of person who would get involved in these medieval reenactments.

They were really going at it, bashing each other with the swords emitting grunts and groans that were real. The clanging of sword on helmet I'm sure would have given them headaches. It would have been a hell of a time to live.



13 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

The Sally Army?

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with all your posts. Hope all is well.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Shouldn't you boys be posting about now?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert has gone again.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, and I didn't even have to publish my post. Just the threat of it drove him away.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard (of RBB) said...

But Jesus sees everything.

Anonymous said...

Yes I am angry.
Jesus

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well I thought that I was reasonably intelligent but bugger if I can decipher that last comment of Robert's.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

I regret asking now.