Wednesday 5 February 2020

I USED TO WET MY PLANTS




I pulled out all of the dead, dying and unhealthy plants in pots on the deck a few months ago with the intention of repotting a whole lot of new plants, flowers and herbs: SEE HERE

I didn't get around to doing this which is just as well since we are experiencing a heatwave up here.
We haven't got water restrictions yet as they do a but further north but there is council advice to watch water usage. I will keep the 'bird bath' filled though. This is the big stone bowl that I have on the deck.

Going forward the water will be more enticing.


I've cleaned it out and will keep it filled with clean water for the little birds. They like to bathe in this and I notice that the stream which comes down from Mount Aubry behind our house and runs out to sea is getting a bit dry.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Could this post be made into a series?




















I hope not.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's a good idea.
I'll take some more photos of flower pots and come up with some witty dialogue to go with them.
I'll try to make it sensical to please Robert.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Please don't do a series.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

What if a Tui tried to drink from that toxic sludge you call a bird bath? Would it be too big and you would fire pebbles?

Was depriving sea gulls of a source of fresh water worth diverting the stream to hydrate a few little sparrows?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert, I see that your reading skills haven't improved.