Thursday 3 September 2020

BLOODY ROBERT

"Tell him he's dreaming" said the woman in Noel Leeming when I said that a friend had bought a pair of ear buds for $49 at one of their stores a couple of days ago.


She asked for his phone number so she could ring him to ask where he bought the buds from. I told her that I don't have his number and learned of his 'purchase' on his blog. She showed interest in this but I advised her not to go there.

Robert posted this yesterday:
"My iPhone six's ear phone connector has been malfunctioning. I've managed by wrapping the cord several times around the iPhone and carefully placing it in a top pocket upside down.
In desperation I've even resorted to walking around with Richard's JBL in another pocket linked together.
This works fine for me when alone.
Then I thought why not get wireless ear phones.
To cut a long story short I purchased two earbuds.
That's it really.
Oh they were $99 but discounted to $49 at Noel Leeming's."
The woman called the manager over after showing me some buds that were discounted from $99 down to $79. "No, he definitely wrote $49" I said.

"Does your friend indulge in fantasies?" The manager asked.

"He does believe in the holy ghost" I replied.

"Well, there you go" he said as they threw me out of the store.



Bloody Robert!


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I have been using the earbuds or bud all day without problem, I find one is enough as the other ear is available then to listen to diatribes.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

SO HOW MUCH DID THEY COST?