Thursday 3 September 2020

BLOODY SUN

Wellington put on a great day today.
I was blue sky and sun all the way. In the morning it was a bit chilly at 8 degrees requiring more than two layers of clothing but in the afternoon it warmed up a bit.

This tempted me to go for a long walk so I took a Karori bus to the end of the line and walked back home - a distance of 11 kms.

All was well for the first 8.8kms until I reached Kelburn. I was walking well and fairly quickly. At Kelburn I walked along some side streets and then through the university which HAS radically changed from when I attended there in the 1970s.


My dodgy knee, after working well for nearly 9kms gave way on me. If I'd been on the main bus route I would have jumped on a bus or even taken the cable car down to town but I was by the old cemetery. I painfully hobbled my way down Salamanca Road to The Terrace and then down to the top of Dixon Street. The steps down to Willis Street were hard to navigate but with time I made it.
As we live just off Dixon Street it wasn't far to go from there but I was moving really slow.




Bloody sun!

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry to hear that old fella. I had to rescue Shelley in New Plymouth when she tried to walk too far.

The good news is that there is only one grammar mistake in this post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I was blue sky and sun all the way."

Richard (of RBB) said...

No need to thank me.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, not that I was bothered.