Monday 13 March 2017

GETTING DRUNK

Most of us do it.



Some of us have clues to it happening.

Robert aka Second Fiddle, Geremy and a few other 'noms du guerre' knows that he's gotten drunk by the incomprehensibility of his posts on his blog .......... hold on ....... I'll rephrase that ..... he knows that he's gotten drunk by the comprehensibility of his posts on his blog. He certainly fights with his older brother Richard on Facebook and, if he's not aware that he's drunk at the time, he learns of it in the morning when he's blocked from said Facebook and goes back to his blog and deletes the posts and in some instances deletes the entire blog.

Richard becomes aware of his having gotten drunk a bit earlier than Robert (more experience I guess - all that Williams & Humbert Dry Sack and Findlater's Dry Fly sherry training at Murray Roberts - and notices that he's been wittering on a bit more than usual, employs more of his alter-egos and puts comments on Robert's blogs denigrating even more of the seemingly endless Prowse clan members.
He generally deletes the posts early the next morning hoping that no-one noticed them in the early hours.

As for me, recently, I've found myself, when getting a bit pissed, singing to myself:

"Hey, have you ever tried
Really reaching out for the other side
I may be climbing on rainbows
But baby here goes"

Obviously when I'm on my own and The Old Girl is in Auckland.

This is a song by Bread circa 1970.

Now, you need to know that my musical tastes encompass British R&B, 1960's British Rock, 1970's British 'supergroups', NYC punk, Blues, Jazz, Classical and Opera but have never included the 1970's and 1980's  romantic drivel like Bread, Barry Manilow, Seals and Croft and all that shit.
In fact I always detested Bread - all that 'I found your diary underneath the tree' stuff wasn't for me.

So.

Where the hell does this 'Make it with you' stuff come from?

Should I be worried?


BREAD - "MAKE IT WITH YOU"




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The listening to bread thing is a bit of a worry. Next you'll be writing about the holy ghost.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Great song. I'll have to listen to some more Bread.