Friday 3 March 2017

BACK TO THE STICKS ....

..... And glad of it.

I flew back from Auckland this morning after a week in the big smoke.
In Robert's febrile fantasy imagination I sat in First Class for the 25 minute flight drinking vintage champagne and cavorting with a bevy of flight hostesses while dropping empty bottles out the window to fall on the peasants in Moera.


Actually I bought the flights months ago on one of those grab-a-seat deals and the flights were cheaper than going to Auckland and back by bus!

The flights down last Sunday and back today were great as the weather was clear and the views down the coast are special. Linda* wouldn't have enjoyed it as he's afraid of flying. Pity.


Auckland was good and I had some successful business meetings and caught up with friends.
Bloody AUT is building next to our apartment so that it was bloody noisy during the day even though we live on the top floor. It made working in the apartment difficult so it's good to be back to the peace and tranquility of our house up here.


It's a gorgeous day so as soon as I arrived home I went out for a swim (paddle around on my boogie board) on a millpond bay. I stayed in for over a half hour - long for me.

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend after a busy week. The Old Girl is still away so it will just be me and Willow.








* The artist formerly known as Richard (of RBB).


3 comments:

Tracey said...

Lovely, sweet Willow! Always a crowd pleaser on the blog!

Tracey said...

That's a very circuitous route getting from Auckland to Whangarei to include the possibly of lobbing missiles on Moera!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, believe me it's worth it.