Wednesday 23 October 2019

LAZYBONES








I woke about seven but, looking out the window saw that it's a bad day today so made a cuppa and went back to bed to read. I read and dozed and at about 10AM friend Rod texted to inform me of the rescue chopper searching for something at the other side of the bay. I told him I was still in bed but would look later.

"LAZYBONES" he texted back.

I guess he's right and that Robert would have been at work for about 6 hours by then and even old retired schoolteacher Richard would have shuffled off to read and snooze in front of a class somewhere. I felt slightly guilty and got up, breakfasted and made a new loaf of bread. It's still crappy outside with periodic rain and high winds which precludes gardening today.

I was actually looking forward to gardening as yesterday I bought three new gardening tools when I was in town. I was looking to replace my Niwashi flax cutter which is a great tool and which I mistreated by leaving out in the garden for a couple of months so now needed replacing.


I bought a new one at Mitre 10 and while there bought another couple of Niwashi tools:


The Digi Digi is a formidable tool. It has a sharp edge on one side and a serrated edge on the other. It's highly honed and slices through roots and vegetation as easily as the flax-cutter. It is also fashioned as a digging tool and can be forced down into the earth to chop deep-seated roots. When I was paying for it at the counter the woman serving me took it out of the scabbard and held it to her chest saying "this could easily pierce the sternum". When I gave her a bemused look she blushed and said "I think I read too many Midsomer Murder novels".

The other tool I bought is the Niwashi weeding tool.


This should be able to dig and slice out all of those pesky invasive weeds in my garden and at the edge of the lawn.

It's a pity that the weather's no good as I can't use them today.




Oh, and that I'm a lazybones.





2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Lazy bugger!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wanted to include "A two edged sword" in a clever comment but it eluded me.