Wednesday 9 October 2019

SLEEPY TODAY

I woke early this morning and checked the rugby. I couldn't be bothered staying up late to watch the South African Canada game but was interested in seeing the highlights. Of course I buggered things up when doing so and saw the final score before I got the highlights programme up. No matter though in this case as it was only a few minutes into the game when it was obvious that South Africa weren't going to miraculously lose to Canada even if Robert prayed his heart out to his god for such a result*.

I went for a long walk as again it's such a great day and walked longer than usual. On arriving back home I mixed up the ingredients and set the bread-maker to cook a loaf of bread and planned to go to the gym. I sat down to continue to listen to the audio book that I listen to when walking, driving or working out at the gym and nodded off.

I've just woken up after losing at least an hour and still feel sleepy.
It's time for a coffee I think to revive me and, unless I nod off again I should get out into the garden and do something about those weeds.

What are you up to today?













* That would be a miracle in itself as Robert doesn't watch the rugby beleieving that it's all too silly.

6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I memorized some more of a poem and prayed the rosary.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I guess that it was an American poem.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I took some old friends on a tour of Wellington. Always nice to catch up with old friends.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What did your friends think of that place in Berhampore where your cousin almost lived in?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Go the Argies!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Good try to USA.
I want the USA team to do well but conversely (paradoxically) don't want to see USA win anything.
I guess this is another legacy of that idiot Trump in undermining USA's image and acceptance around the world.