Tuesday 29 October 2019

WHO NEEDS A PLUMBER?*

Today I went under the house again to do a bit of 'do-it-yourself- repair on the leaking pipes.




I thought that if it did the trick then there was no point in telling The Old Girl what a bodgie job I did and the money I saved by doing it myself.





Once finished I crawled out again, scraped all the mud off and turned the toby back on.


Disaster. The water went everywhere and possibly worse than it was in the beginning.

I decided to ring a plumber.




















* Actually I do. I contacted one today who is coming around tomorrow to put an isolating valve on the pipes until he can spend some more time on it next week.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I've come across those old pipes and connecters from the seventies and they are cheap as and probably illegal now.
Better to fork out and have a plumber replace the whole lot!

I love the selfie.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Forget the pipes, you took a selfie and got yourself in the picture!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I took my phone with me to get a pic of the pipes to send to the plumber.
I'm not an 'influencer'. Really.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Robert.
I checked up on that black piping and it is prone to leaking after 10 years or more so will probably have to be replaced.

There's always something ....

brittanymlemay said...

I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! Surrey plumber