There's been a bit of a weather change yesterday and today with no sunshine and a drop in temperature.
Richard is hibernating for which his Dutch oven no doubt comes in handy. Apparently when it gets cold, hacking icicles off the doorway to his study is too much of a fankle so he stays in bed.
Writing no post I know sounds like a bad thing but for the reader, his snappy and concise little comments that don't include multiple references to m7b5, 7b9 and m6 chords, Dm6 (B D F A / D F A B) notes and diminished E roots (G# B D F) are somewhat of a relief. I guess at his age diminished roots are to be expected.
Robert, after an encouraging foray into non-religious posting has slipped back into his bible nonsense quoting some jerk named Jer:"Come back disloyal children-it is the Lord that speaks-for I alone am your Master".
- Jer 3-14I'm not too sure what that means and neither is Robert by the sound of it. He wrote that he too is using the Dutch oven and finds it hard to get out of bed. Unlike Richard though he's taken up 'making up' using moisturisers, mascara, lipstick and a bit of rouge. Each to their own I guess.
I've been inside doing some 'chores' and keeping warm. This house, when no heating is on seems to be at 14° at this time of year which doesn't necessitate putting the central heating on but does mean that I wear my woolen cardigan.
Yesterday we had an Infinity Heating specialist call in to check the gas operated hot water system because it has been groaning when the hot taps are used. The system is 20 years old and guess what? They are supposed to last for 15 to 20 years! I've asked for a quote for replacement and expect that to be about $5k. While he was here I asked him to check on the gas central heating which thankfully he said was in good order.
The Old Girl, who should have been getting off to work in the morning hung around for ages. Did I mention that the heating specialist was a young and good-looking hunk of a man "six foot four and full of muscle". I bet if it'd been a gorgeous young woman I'd have been accused of being a letch. Go figure.


8 comments:
Mmmmmm. I could have given that post a miss.
By the way, I have been to work today. Old Peter probably doesn't remember what work is. Hey, he's nearly 74!
Yes but the good news is that Lynn says she might work until she's 80.
Holy shit!
Though I'm still working.
Why don't Catholics give out holy shit at communion?
That would be a real test of how committed Catholics were to the faith.
I think you mean that it’s wholly shit.
Wear a woolly shirt.
Or a Where’s Wally shirt like you were the other day.
Post a Comment