Monday 5 June 2017

THE START OF A NEW ADVENTURE

Tomorrow I officially start on one day a week with my job.
This really means that I'll be invoicing for 8 hours a week. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be stuck behind a computer all day on any one day but it does mean that I can give up blocking out my entire mornings for the benefit of 'the company'.
I'll be able to play tennis, golf, go walking at any time of the day if I want. Hell, I might even play the piano (just kidding). I'll play the bagpipes.

This halcyon won't last unfortunately as I'm only contracted to do this for the month of June.
After that 'the company' has told me that 'contract work' will be available that "may even provide more remuneration than I had working 20 hours a week". Yeah right. I've read Richard's and Robert's blogs. I know bullshit when I hear or see it.

Anyway, tomorrow is the start of the big adventure. Either that or the slippery slope down into poverty, dispiritness, boredom and depression. Mind you, living by the sea in the 'Winterless North' is a good place to do all those things.

In August I'll receive the inaptly named 'super' to help offset all the bills but may still have to consider some way of supplementing this meagre income.


7 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The holy spirit could help financially if you asked Him!
It has worked for us.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, give me a clue as to how this works.
Is it a loan or a gift?
If a loan what are the interest rates?
Is their a cap on borrowing?
Do I have to prove equity and income?
What are the deductibility options?

Richard (of RBB) said...

If the holy spirit doesn't work out, try the other spirit - whiskey.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It's a free gift. I believe he has a eternal surplus though few are asking. I don't know why.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks, I'll take it then.
What do I do -send in a coupon or something?

Richard (of RBB) said...

You can do it online now. holyghost.workswithjesusandhisdad.com

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I went there but your link didn't work.

It did take me here though:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=holyghost%20works%20jesus%20his%20dad