Tuesday 26 February 2019

BACK TO SCHOOL

I've decided to go back to school starting from tomorrow.
Fortunately I can do this from home with a one night a week class attendance.

What will be the study discipline?


This:




Before I can enrol in the doctorate course though I need to acquire one of these:



In New Zealand I can study for the Master of Theology which will set me up  for further research in Theology and allied fields like Religious Studies. The master's degree will cover:

  • Religion and popular culture
  • Religion and gender violence
  • Jewish literature of the Second Temple Period
  • Gender and queer approaches to religion and the Bible
  • Biblical reception history
  • Early Modern Christianity, especially the Reformation era
  • The history of religious tolerance in the West
  • Sectarianism in the English-speaking world in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries
In my discussions with the course leader I mentioned my interaction, via the RELIGIOUS CURMUDGEON's blog, with Robert and it seems that this demonstrates an enquiring mind which has qualified me. I start the course tomorrow.

This should be fun on many levels and will keep my mind alive which has been in danger of atrophying.

I'm looking forward to when I'm degree qualified and can flip out my badge when Robert gets a bit bolshy.

"I'M COMING TO GET YOU"

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Or should I have said, "What?"?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep.
University of Auckland.
Taking the fight to the enemy.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm off to my first class soon.
It seems to be a bit hi-tec as I have to take a laptop with me and had to send in a thousand words introduction.
I copied and pasted some of Robert's gobbledygook along with some excerpts from Corinthians 1. Plagiarism and repetition seems to be oK in religion so I guess that will be alright.

- The Religious Curmudgeon

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It's all off - at least tonight's class.
I keep having migraine events where my vision is impaired and I can hardly see to read and write. Spel87fsshing becomes diffishull and my missives read as if Robert wrote them.
Maybe this is an intervention by that holy ghost joker!
I'll have to see how things are next week.