Saturday 9 February 2019

TIRED AGAIN



It's quite good being retired as I officially was a year and a half ago.
In reality though I sort of retired nearly 12 years ago in 2007 when I gave up serious full-time work. Since then I've dabbled in self employment, part-time work for others and basically nothing.

I have though, to be fair occupied myself with charity work and community activity but my time has been my own and I've rarely been at the beck and call of others.

I was thinking of this today as I drove The Old Girl to the bus station. She's off to Auckland to start full time work again after a decent Christmas/New Year holiday. No doubt this year will be as busy as ever for her and she won't get too many breaks. I used to hate going back to work after the holidays so I feel for her. The Old Girl reaches retirement age next year and will qualify for the pension and a Gold Card but she wants to continue working for a a couple of years after that. Well that's what she's always said but I think after enjoying this long holiday (the longest she's had for quite a while) she might want to reconsider that. Perhaps she will work part-time.

Richard (of RBB) is enjoying his retirement and is losing track of the days See HERE but he seems to be more aware of his mortality.

Robert seems to be having some sort of work crisis at present that we hope will be resolved satisfactorily. See: ROBERT

He too will retire soon and I hope that he can find enjoyment in that or some part-time work (like Richard has with his fill-in teaching jobs). I do feel sorry for Robert having to deal with mean spirited shit that his employers throw at him and think how lucky I am to be totally out of that having experienced some absolute c***s in my working career (that fortunately have been balanced out by the good people I've worked with).

It'll be great having The Old Girl not working or working part-time as we enjoy each other's company and have lots of adventures planned. Money obviously will be tighter but a lot of good things are free and the Gold Cards certainly help.


6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Bless you. A relationship with a spouse is God's way of preparing us with His desire to be one with us. Though I could be wrong.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bless you from me too. God sees you like a puppet. I guess he's just a lonely guy with a need to be in charge. Maybe he can't get a girlfriend?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Robert - I think, but you should follow the title of your blog - NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.
What the hell is your god got to do with my relationship with my partner?
Also, it's a bit creepy to think that this god is grooming us like some bloody stalker.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well Richard sees it. God did have a girlfriend though - it was Mary Magdalene.
The holy trinity has nothing on the complicated love triangle that they created though with one part of god doing it and impregnating the other part of god's mother with the third part of god just looking on I guess.
Incest, adultery, voyeurism - it's got it all. It should be an American TV series.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well I guess I will not be rethinking why God loves me and presents Himself in the Eucharist and why it feels so good to have Him in my body!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK - that sounds weird.