Saturday, 6 April 2019
SHUT UP!
I was watching Jurassic Park on Netflix the other day and man did I get annoyed at having to turn the volume down every time there was some 'action' going on. Then I'd have to turn the volume up again to hear the dialogue (why I bothered I don't know) and then down again etc.
The reason was the annoying, very loud and intrusive music that the dickhead director (Spielberg in this case) thought was essential to the film. John Williams concocted the shit and probably won an Oscar for it but I hated it.
I find with watching Netflix films and series that I have to turn the volume down during 'action' scenes as the music is so loud and have to turn it up again to hear the dialogue.
Why do films need music?
OK, some films and TV series are enhanced by judicial use of music - The Sopranos, Pulp Fiction, Easy Rider, The Royal Tenenbaums, Miller's Crossing, Apocalypse Now, The Departed - to name a few but generally film scores are crap and are annoying.
I get especially irked at films that have car chase scenes and the musical director uses ridiculously loud, 'bang crash' music to accompany it. It's as if they've contracted out to a kid to do it.
Jaws is probably an exception.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Robert has taken a new tack and instead of going about loving everyone including sinners he has gone on the offensive like that old version ...
-
... from The Godfather. Michael Corleone taking Apollonia out on a 'date' and the couple followed by the chaperoning family. Rober...
-
I unpacked and hooked up the PlayStation 3 console yesterday and set up Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 golf game. This is the best of the seri...



2 comments:
In the picture the shark is playing quite high notes on a violoncello. I thought the theme was deep.
Not that I watch Married at First Sight but I would think that bad music is the least of the problems with that show.
Post a Comment