Monday 8 April 2019

HA HA YOU'RE DEAD




I started watching the first episode of the second series of Killing Eve on TV One On Demand.


This will be the only one that I'll watch as it hasn't improved and, if anything has become nastier and less entertaining.


I made mention of Killing Eve and its unworthiness in a previous post HERE

The producers, critics and supporters (fans) bleat on about the fact that this is dark comedy. Well, I believe that this is another example of younger generation people not being educated enough to understand what 'dark comedy' or black humour is. This programme has 'humour' more like pantomime humour rather than subtle satire like Jules Feiffer's Little Murders or anything by Alfred Hitchcock.




Violence and killing shouldn't be portrayed as funny. This is something that Killing Eve's creators and fans don't understand.



2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Kurt Vunigut knew how to write dark humour.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Agreed.
I like his writing. I recently re-read some of his short stories.