Thursday 4 April 2019

DELETED FACEBOOK*



* Well, deactivated anyway. Getting rid of Facebook is like trying to scrape shit off a blanket (I assume). I'd deleted deactivated Facebook from our two main email accounts some time ago but started a new one up on our gmail account last year as it was convenient to use it to access other social media accounts like Neighbourly. This of course is Facebook's insidious way of inveigling its way into our lives.



I deactivated this account because I'm pissed off at Facebook's response to NZ's Privacy Commissioner to change its live-streaming after the Christchurch mosque attacks:



Facebook still hasn't taken proper steps to stop the Christchurch shooter's video from being shared:


OK, it's a drop in the ocean or pissing into the wind but I wouldn't be happy if I didn't do this.


Now that I've deactivated it I'll go through the ridiculously convoluted process of deleting it, ignoring all of the dire warnings that Facebook throws up about how deleting the account will delete all of the account information and remove ability to login to the service. No photos, friends, messages, status updates, etc. According to Facebook, once your account permanently deletes, there is no way to restore your account or your data.

Whooooo .... scary. Let's do it.





2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I agree that Facebook inveigles.
I got over my addiction.
You will not miss the inveigling!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

They are still bastards and getting worse.