Saturday 20 April 2019

PLAYING LITTLE GAMES

Whilst The Old Girl isn't exactly OCD she does have a collection of old tooth brushes which she uses, when doing housecleaning, to reach those corners and places that I ignore.

She has a very good visual memory so that when I can't find my wallet, phone or keys I ask her and she remembers exactly where she last saw them That's very useful.

There are little things she does that are irritating though and I sometimes do little things in response.

Do you remember that excellent British comedy series Ever Decreasing Circles with Richard Briers, Penelope Wilton and Peter Egan?



Anne (Wilton) would continuously put the phone receiver the wrong way on the cradle in the hallway knowing that Martin (Briers) who was OCD would make a point of putting it back the right way. This was her little way of getting her own back on Martin's annoying obsessions.

I sometimes put the tea towel upside down on the kitchen rack knowing that The Old Girl will right it.

I sometimes move her toothbrush to the container that mine's been relegated to (I was getting the ceramic one of the burlesque lady in underwear dirty). She moves it back and gives me a warning.



When I'm doing housework dusting (this is a rare event) I move her jewellery and other items on the top of her dresser. Just a bit - a few centimetres to the left or right and I notice that later they are put back in the right place.

Such fun!


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

You need to go to confession.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's what this post was, surely.