Wednesday 3 April 2019

BE CAREFUL OF THAT FISH






Here's another toned down post so as not to get you readers too excited.

PART TWO - BE CAREFUL OF THAT FISH

My friend Rod is scared of most things. He's a bit timid not unlike Richard (of RBB) who's afraid of cows, heights, mice, fast driving, elegant menswear shops and tritones.




Today when I was coming home from the gym I saw Rod parked by the side of the road loading his kayak onto his trailer. I stopped to give him a hand reminding him that he had told me that he would be out fishing this morning and that we had agreed that I would get my kayak out and go out to join him. He didn't stay out for very long even though the water was calm and it hadn't started to rain yet.
He said that he was very nervous about fishing on his own as someone had told him that if he caught a large kingfish it could tip him out of his kayak or drag him out of the harbour and out into the ocean blue.

KAYAK FISHING

I thought that he was joking at first but he was serious. He was genuinely afraid.

It was kind of like Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea.



I listened attentively and sympathised with him I scoffed and called him a silly old bugger.


7 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I never quite understand why anyone thinks they can just go out and kill fish!
"I'm just off to do a bit of cat and dog killing dear".
"Good hunting darling".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Now, loth as I am to say this but I agree with you Robert.

Richard (of RBB) said...

What about killing sheep? What about buying fish n chips, where some callous fisherman has staughtered many so that you can eat the fried little buggers? What about how male chicks are killed so that we only have laying hens? What about bobby calves?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm a vegetarian so I suggest that you guys fight this one out.

Richard (of RBB) said...

What about sensitive potatoes?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

How dare you make bad Irish jokes in this current environment of racial and cultural abuse.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Parsnips then?