Wednesday 10 April 2019

WHAT'S HE DOING IN THERE?





There's a guy in our street who comes almost daily, parks up outside a house that I think he occasionally stays in, walks down to the beach, unchains his dinghy that's stored under the pohutukawa tree and rows out to a yacht moored in the bay.



OK you ask. So what. Other boaties do this.

This guy spends a couple of hours on his yacht.

DOING WHAT?

I watch but never see him doing the sort of maintenance you would expect from a boating enthusiast - scraping, sanding, painting etc. He disappears down into the hold or living quarters only to be seen a couple of hours later.

WHAT'S HE DOING IN THERE?

He's taken the yacht out a couple of times in the last year and has been away for a couple of days.

WHY?

WHERE DOES HE GO?

DOES HE RENDEZVOUS WITH AN OVERSEAS BOAT?

WHAT'S GOING ON?

When I discussed this with The Old Girl she said that I was being paranoid.

PARANOID - MOI?




I reminded her of the nutter who shot dead two real estate agents (I know, I know - no bad jokes please) last year just a few kilometres from here and the Whangarei joker who was arrested a couple of days ago with a stash of illegal firearms and home-made bombs in his house not to forget the P labs and drug dealers including the country's biggest bust of imported cocaine and crystal meth landed off the Northland coast a couple of years ago.

WHAT'S HE DOING IN THERE?



4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

When I was helping a client do some work on his boat he told me about the person in the boat next to his who would go aboard every day and just sit there drinking wine.
That's probably your explanation.

Richard (of RBB) said...

But is he drinking cheap wine or expensive wine?

Richard (of RBB) said...

And does he have lemonade on board to add to the dry reds?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I can't see any evidence of wine drinking....



..... well no bottles anyway. He may be pissing over the side.