Friday 19 April 2019

HOLY SHIT*



* This religious stuff is usually the domain of The Religious Curmudgeon but we thought we'd give him a break today.

Today is Good Friday which has significance for christians but bugger all for other religions and for atheists except for the start of a long holiday weekend.



I see that Robert in his latest post references the death of Jesus and tries to create some mystical connection between an event that happened over 2000 years ago and the modern day. Good luck to him I say. The name of his new blog is 'Praise The Lord'. He should add - 'And Hide The Silver'.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car but I'm being disrespectful I know ...

Robert isn't the only christian nutter out there. Recently I've upset some others on the Neighbourly site. As a response to some evangelist talking about the wonderful deeds of christians over the years I answered that christians didn't have sole bragging rights to inventions, medical and social advancements and good deeds in general and anyway, Christianity has some pretty dark deeds on record - mass murder, genocide and mysogyny to name a few. This brought out the christians lurking in dark corners who accused me of ignorance and babbled on about the one true faith and all sorts of similar nonsense. Kind of like Robert's comments on my blog posts. They are a brotherhood I guess.

" I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."




3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"I answered that christians didn't have sole bragging rights to inventions, medical and social advancements". Maybe not all the great science advances and medical and social reforms were by Catholic monks but I bet who'd have trouble naming those that were not!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

" ...but I bet who'd have trouble naming those that were not!"

Those people who can't pronounce Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Indian and other non-European names I guess.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car but I'm being disrespectful I know ..."
LOVE IT!