Saturday 15 August 2020

I'M NOT DEAD

I FEEL HAPPY!


In this new Covid-19 world we are more aware of our neighbours coughs and sniffles. The other day I moved seats to get away from a woman in the seat in front of me who was coughing. Now I've got a heavy head cold and when I'm out and about and blow my nose into a paper towel I get nervous glances from passers-by. Fair enough - I'd do the same.

I've been using face masks on my air travel to Wellington and on buses and trains for the last few months. I was getting strange and almost angry looks from people including the flight crew but I bet that won't happen on Monday when I go home as Air NZ have mandated the use of face masks. These are very useful but still, it didn't stop me picking up the cold germs which may well have happened on the flight from Queenstown to Wellington last Saturday. It could just have well been Covid-19. It makes you wonder.





7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Have you tried praying to Mary?
Look after yourself old man.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Hail Mary, full of grease,
To touch you're all slippery.
Messy are you unlike other women,
and messy is that brute whom you bore, Jesus.
Holey Mary, who looks really odd,
pay for some Swarfega for your hands and some Listerine for your breath.

(With apologies to Savonarola)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Funny. I repeated that prayer ten times and I still have a head cold.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I love you Peter.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert loves you Peter. Not to late for a marriage ceremony.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert is a little confused. He's taking that Christian 'turn the other cheek' advice wrong, anatomically speaking.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Blessed is the fruit of thy 'whom' Jesus.