Monday 3 August 2020

MONDAY

After 4 days of heavy rain and cyclone-like wind today is shaping up better.
From Thursday night through last night the winds have been so strong the house has shaked and I've been worried about the roof becoming like Robert*.

I picked up a lot of debris and sawed up a large fallen tree branch and loaded it all into the trailer. I won't be able to take this to the tip until after I get back from Wellington.

I also repositioned the CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG sign that I got from the council and mounted on the grass verge leading down to the beach in front of our house. This got blown over in the storm so I dug a deeper hole and packed it in tighter with dirt, gravel and rocks.

The builder called around and we discussed what needs to be done with the retaining walls in the front and back of the house. I hedged my bets and asked him to get the basics done with a view to adding the fancy bits later when The Old Girl is in residence. I'm hoping that the quote won't 'break the bank'.

The lawns need cutting but will have to wait until I'm back when the grass is hopefully drier.
I'll use my EGO trimmer to do this even though the grass is getting quite high.
My old petrol lawnmower is very temperamental nowadays and might refuse to do the job.

Maybe I need a more modern one.








*Unhinged

13 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, all very well but, what about those outside chairs? Did any blow over?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Now you know what your mother would have said.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, I'm becoming a bit of an outside chair crank. Sorry.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I will not take exception to your footnote saying I am not well hung.
I do wonder if your positioning of the dog sign caused more unnecessary mess.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmmm ..... well, that confirms whether your comments make any sense or not.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Surely to confirm they would have to make sense and the negative is redundant.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

QED

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Are you saying to ask the Queen?

Richard (of RBB) said...

What has to be demonstrated. I think it has been.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Q.E.D - what was to be demonstrated.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Why not just say it has to be demonstrated?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ascendo tuum.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Age officium tuum!