Thursday 13 August 2020

KUPE'S PENIS

I took the bus to Seatoun this afternoon, riding all the way to the  end of the peninsular.

Richard will appreciate this information on Steeple Rock:


"Seatoun as a suburb looks out on to Steeple Rock, which is the largest rock of Barrett Reef at the west of the entrance to Wellington Harbour, rising 7 metres (23 ft) above sea level. Its Māori name is Te Aroaro-o-Kupe (The front of Kupe), after being officially changed on 3 September 2009 from Te Ure-o-Kupe (The penis of Kupe). Kupe, the legendary discoverer of Aotearoa, is said to have injured himself on the rock while swimming."

- Wikipedia 

There's a nice beach walk by the Oruati Reserve along to Point Dorset. I took a few pics:








I like the wit of the person who tied the seahorse to a hitching post. Nice that.


I only walked about 4 kilometres as, ever parsimonious, I had to get back to the bus stop before 3PM to take advantage of the free bus fare (also I didn't have any coins to pay if I couldn't use my Gold Card).

Back home I sorted out some wine for when Geoff comes around for an after-work drink. I selected Bell Hill Pinot Noir. Maybe Richard can advise whether I should serve it chilled or not.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, chilling will hide any little problems. I'd advise it.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks. That confirms my choice - room temperature.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Think before you act. Geoff might not notice the slightly cold bottle, then you're away. If he does, blame the southerly. Get Lynn to back up your statements - she's obviously smarter than you. She must have been in 3O (O comes before P) back in the day.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The second to last photo (all of which are professional) reminds me of when I was walking around the beach to meet yous at about that spot. When I arrived you said you knew it was me by the way I was walking.