Friday 30 October 2020

GOING DIGITAL

 Remember this?


Well, it's not surprising if you don't as this image was used in the latest (days old really) post on a very obscure blog that goes by the name Richard's Bass Bag (not a fishing blog).


There was a lot of writing on this post but I won't bore you with the detail. The theme was something to do with fingers I guess but the content was impenetrable. Here's a snippet to show what I mean:

"All our bodies are a bit different and how we choose to set up the violin - chin rest or not, shoulder rest or not, placement of these devises (sic) - will make a difference. Our bodies and arms and hands also come in different sizes. Little variations in fingerings might be good for us. Maybe even big variations?"

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be about music or if it is an excerpt from some sort of sex manual .


Anyway - when I saw this image from the 2020 Wildlife Photography Awards I recalled Richard's post.



At least this one has a kind of fishing theme going.

6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

He also said in that post quote: "The fingering on my younger brother who believes in some silly thing's is certainly a good fingering and some are what I would use. Some are not. So, how does one decide on fingering? It's a mixture of trying things out, experience and knowledge.
I was told recently that I know nothing about violin playing."

I do not mind in the least being accused of believing in silly things. I object to Richard deciding that truth is a result of trying things out!

You see Richard has taken Paganini's last Caprice which is number 24 without working through the previous 23. If he did he would realize that Paganini was teaching his secret about fingering!

I would never, ever say Richard is anything other than an excellent violinist.


THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I would never, ever say Richard is anything other than an excellent violinist."

Oh really! I thought that you just did.

Also, that comment should have gone on Richard's blog post, not this.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

No I said "I would never, ever say blah, blah ,blah". This means I would never say the opposite.

By what law must I blog on this blog or another?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm planning to get lessons from Sue.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sue is lovely, kind and intelligent. You must have said something to make her show her fangs and spit in your face!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Here we go.