Tuesday 6 October 2020

COMING DOWN TO MEET THE MARKET*

I've mentioned The Old Girl's shopping cart before. It does come in pretty handy. I went to Chaffer's New World today to do a bit of shopping. The Old Girl has been suffering from vertigo caused by an inner ear imbalance so hasn't been able to get out to do any shopping for a few days. As a result I filled the shopping cart to the brim plus the backpack I was wearing with fresh vegetables and produce.



The said shopping cart has been a bone of contention between us for many years with me threatening to buy one for her on many occasions. She would refuse saying that only old ladies use these. Now that she is in Wellington for a year with no car she has discovered that this is a very practical tool and uses it often. She should have had one in Toronto when she was living there.

Another item that, over many years I've threatened to buy her, is a cord so that she can wear her spectacles around her neck. These are called glasses necklaces.


As she doesn't wear spectacles all the time she was forever misplacing them and asking me where they were hence my threats to buy the necklace for her. She always refuses saying that she doesn't want to look like Edna Everage.



I'll win this argument eventually.



That's all for now Possums.






* Richard has criticised my recent posts as being not memorable. He did this in his latest and very dull post and had the effrontery to say that even Robert's mind-numbing efforts left a longer impression on him (like stigmata I hope). The problem I guess is that my posts are generally too highbrow for him. I've decided to dumb down the posts a bit to give the readership a chance to catch up.


6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well done, that man!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Another popular post!

Richard (of RBB) said...

It would be good if you could get some other people to comment. You can always use the 'anonymous' button and write a few yourself. You know the drill, make up a name at the end.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I DON'T MEASURE THE 'SUCCESS' OF A POST BY THE NUMBER OF SILLY COMMENTS I GET.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sorry about the capitals in the previous comment. The keyboard I'm using doesn't clearly indicate when the caps are on and, with my typing skills, I'm busy looking at the keyboard and where my fingers are going rather than the screen.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

5 comments though - sorry, 6.