Wednesday 20 March 2024

🎵 THE REOTAHI WALK 🎵

I put a 🎵 symbol into the heading for a bit of fun but there isn't a song that I know of titled 'The Reotahi Walk'. You can get your jollies by humming 'The Lambeth Walk' while reading if you like. I won't mind.

Anyway, this morning I set off on my usual Reotahi walk which is a loop walk going along the bay, through the bush track, under Mount Aubrey and then down the hill, around the bay to home. I alternate direction each time. Today I set off westward along my road to the jetty and the start of the bush track but when I reached Mount Aubrey, instead of turning left to walk home below the mountain I turned right and went the long way around the mountain to Little Munro Bay on the other side.

OK, I suspect that I've confused you so I'll show you some maps. You like maps don't you? I know that you like the graphs I show you.

Here goes:









I hope that was helpful.

I didn't need a map on my walk as I've done it many times before. It was very pleasant as while it was warm and sunny, at 9AM it wasn't too hot yet. The only negative was on the walk down the hill to home, on the footpath there were some flax 'leaves' growing out through the fence and somehow I got entangled in them and nearly took a fall. Downhill! Imagine if it had been some old person! Anyway, tomorrow when I go to tennis I'll take a niwashi cutter with me and deal to them.

Do I get a pat on the back?




4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, you get a tap on the head, you clumsy old bugger.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Lawks! Some members of this this blogging community can be very rude.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Would you rather wait for Palm Sunday? Brother Benedict's favourite day?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

'... this 3.7-km loop trail near Whangarei, Northland. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 1 h 21 min to complete. Watch out for flax growing beside the path'.

The other day I had to wait around in Eastbourne for half an hour to pick up a chair for Sue, so I drove to Burden's gate and walked around a bit thinking that sometime I might walk south to Pencarrow, a walk I've never done before.