Thursday 21 March 2024

TGS

 No, not TGF - that's tomorrow.

Today I played tennis, then golf and afterwards went for a swim. The water is still warm (after a brisk entry) and I hope that it lasts through to next weekend as, 'traditionally' Easter-time is when I have my last swim of the season.




Richard (of Richard's Old Bag) didn't' do any of those things today. He has his grandson to look after. I gave him some helpful hints that he may or may not have used. I'm not a very good granddad nor a good dad, never having had the practice.

Robert is living in the past, reminiscing on his time in the school band and lamenting the fact that he wasn't asked to become a priest. You had to be in the P classes for that. He should have known better though as he doesn't have the right surname to be considered for the priesthood. Woodcock, Hercock, Bliss, Pratt, Orange and Inthebetter would have been better. Maybe he could change his name to Praise instead of Prowse. Trent will approve I'm sure.


Dinner tonight is small mince pies in case you were wondering. I've made the mince mixture and I'll load this into pastry cases nearer dinner-time. The Old Girl said that she will cook herself some salmon so this means I can load my mince up with things that she disapproves of in mince like carrots, peas, jalapeños and chilli sauce. Yum. I'll have these with a salad made of shredded beetroot, carrot and green apple in a pomegranate dressing.



2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Do you ever snorkel?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sometimes but I've never mastered it. I think having an older brother who put water down the tube while I had my head underwater put me off it.