Tuesday 20 July 2010

GOLF - THE ERRATIC GAME


I played 18 holes yesterday with some friends. Conditions were ideal. No wind. Clear sky. A little cool at 8AM but sunny. I played like crap. I don't often play a full round, preferring to go along and play 5 or 6 holes on my own - just practising. I did 56 on the first 9 and 56 on the second to a total of 112. I lost 3 golf balls and had about a dozen penalty shots in the round.

This morning the weather conditions were even better so I went out on my own and played the first 9 holes. I did it in 45 - 11 shots lower than yesterday. The conditions were similar and the course had certainly not changed. Weird.



3 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"GOLF - THE ERRATIC GAME"

Golf the increadibly popular method of wasting time while hitting things.
And making landscapes as artifical as Lady Gaga's "talent".

To quote Twain; "Golf is a good walk spoiled"

Anonymous said...

I watched a movie last night about a failed ice hockey player whose one strength were incredibly long shots so he took up golf. His playing was erractic too but he learnt to put himself in a good mental state before each shot by imagining a female friend in her underwear.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yesterday I played the second nine and did it in 44. This included three holes where I got 6's but a phenomenal birdie on a par 4 helped the score (Non golfers and TSB can switch off here or be bored). I hit a good tee shot and a poor second shot which still left me about 150 metres from the green. I hit a superb 6 iron shot that landed on the green and rolled into the cup. This gave me as much of a thrill as if I had made a hole-in-one.